Boots on the Ground
Volunteers are vital in making it possible for us to advance our education and policy goals. At the chapter level, volunteers provide thousands of hours per year to protect and restore our fisheries. If you are already a member, you can volunteer for our programs, events, and office needs. Once you fill out the volunteer form, a volunteer coordinator will be in touch with further details.
Events & Fundraising
• Family Fish Camp (March)
• Hall of Fame Auction & Banquet (November)
• Fish Eggs to Fry (Mid-October & Early February)
• Fishing Clinics
• Veteran's Events
• Fishing Tournaments
• Pint nights
• Stream surveys
• Redd counts
• Presence/absence survey
• Invertebrate surveys
• Invasive plant removal
• Planting native vegetation
• Nutrient enhancement
River cleanups occur twice per year, are chapter-lead, and in collaboration with Keep Oregon Green.
Improving Public Access
Members work to improve and maintain boat ramps and parks to secure safe public access to our waters.
• Collect broodstock in order to provide a better hatchery product with a lower risk of genetic issues in wild spawned fish
• Monitor and operate weirs that prevent hatchery fish from reaching wild fish spawning sanctuaries
• Fin clipping to help distinguish hatchery fish from wild fish
• The Emerald Empire chapter operates a volunteer hatchery under ODFW supervision.