Please join us for our
3rd Annual Family Fish Camp
FRIDAY, MARCH 9TH – SUNDAY MARCH 11TH
To register for this year’s event, please click here.
Family Fish Camp is a fun weekend where families learn fishing skills together while staying overnight at cozy Camp Angelos on the Sandy River. Kids and adults can fish the pond, play games, plan their next fishing adventure, and participate in session activities on:
Casting and reeling
Angler ethics and regulations
Gear and equipment
Water quality testing
Fish printing art project
Family Fish Camp is for all families who want to learn more about how to jump-start their fishing experiences in the Pacific Northwest. Passionate anglers with years of experience will teach you the essential skills, and your family will have the opportunity to recreate together outdoors alongside new friends.
Family Fish Camp 2018
Location and Lodging
Family Fish Camp is located at Camp Angelos along the Sandy River in Corbett, OR. Spend a weekend living a summer camp experience – sleep in cabin bunks, dine in the lodge cafeteria, and stargaze in the secluded forest along the rushing river.
Application and Cost
Cost per adult: $139
Cost per child: $99
Click here to buy tickets or to donate to the event.
Limited scholarships (full and half) are available to applicable participants.
Click here to apply for a Family Fish Camp 2018 Scholarship.
Your ticket to Family Fish camp includes:
2 nights lodging
Access to all sessions and activities
Contact Allison Dobscha, Education and Outreach Coordinator, with any questions at email@example.com.
What is the age range for youth?
- The majority of youth participants in previous years ranged from ages 7-12. However, this event is open to all ages!
What is included in the cost?
- Two nights lodging in cabin bunks, five meals (Friday dinner through Sunday breakfast), and all weekend sessions and activities.
Do I need to bring fishing gear?
- Nope! We will provide all necessary fishing equipment for the weekend. This event is geared toward families with little to no experience, so we do not expect you to bring any of your own gear.
When does the camp begin on Friday?
- In previous years, check in began at 5 pm and dinner started at 6:30. Family Fish Camp 2018 will most likely follow a similar schedule. We may be able to accommodate you if you need to arrive later on Friday evening.
When does the camp end on Sunday?
- Sunday morning activities will consist of breakfast, the option to continue fishing, and future adventure planning. Camp will wrap up by late morning, so plan on being out by noon.
What will the weather be like?
- March in Oregon can be quite rainy. The Steelheaders fish the rivers of Oregon rain or shine year round, so you can too! Dress for wet and cold weather.