Volunteerism is one of the Steelheaders’ greatest strengths, with members contributing thousands of volunteer hours annually in education, habitat restoration, propagation, and monitoring. Probably the best way to get started volunteering is to join the Steelheaders and get updates on volunteer opportunities throughout the year through our monthly e-newsletter and your local chapter’s newsletter. To join, please click HERE.
There are many ways to get involved at both the chapter and Association level. Here are some suggestions for volunteering:
• Office and clerical support suited to your skills and interests in the Association’s Milwaukie office. Contact Bob Rees at 503-653-4176, email@example.com.
• Help count steelhead and their redds and monitor temperatures on the Salmonberry River during April and May. Contact Ian Fergusson at 503-957-8875, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Help organize one of our many events. Contact Norm Ritchie at 503-807-7729, email@example.com.
• Help staff the Steelheaders’ two booths at the Pacific Northwest Sportsmen’s Show®, Expo Center, in Portland. Contact Mike Myrick, 503-970-5785, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Help your local chapter organize river clean-ups, habitat restoration projects, kids’ fishing events, environmental education activities, fundraisers, and other events. For more info on chapters, click HERE.
• Participate in Association and/or chapter events and work parties.
• Volunteer to become a director or officer for your chapter, or for the Association.