Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Salem Chapter Meeting – Featuring Thom Kaffun of Thom’s Fishing Adventures

October 17 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Free

Please join the Salem Chapter for their monthly meetings! The public is welcome to join us for a fun and educational evening — you don’t need to be a member to join us. 

The speaker for this month will be Thom Kaffun of Thom’s Fishing Adventures. Thom has been plying the waters of Tillamook Bay, Siletz Bay, Rouge Bay, Nehalem bay, and Bouy 10 for over 40 years — catching Chinook and Coho Salmon. He targets these fish with Herring, Anchovies, Spinners, and Kwikfish. Thom will demonstrate these techniques at his presentation. Thom claims there are no well kept secrets to catching Chniook salmon, and it just takes knowledge to consistently be successful. Thom says that catching Chinook with plug cut herring, spinners, and/or Kwikfish is 90% knowledge and the other 10% is just dumb luck.

If you are interested in learning the trades to be successful at catching Chinook, don’t miss out on this opportunity!

If you become a new member at the meeting, you will receive a free DVD of your choice from our previous guest speakers.

Details

Date:
October 17
Time:
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Cost:
Free
Website:
http://salemnwsteelheaders.org/

Organizer

Bob Johnson
Email:
johnston@wvi.com

Venue

City of Keizer Community Center
930 Chemawa Road N
Keizer, OR United States
+ Google Map